BSX 0.00% 4.5¢ blackstone minerals limited

1. Ni price had a good rebound last night, to US $20318 p/t- up...

1. 1,513 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 369
    1. Ni price had a good rebound last night, to US $20318 p/t- up US $234.There have been 2 days of falls.
    As I previously wrote c.1 week ago, I expected a pullback, & fall to below US $20k p/t for a while- then for the uptrend to continue. Will this eventuate?

2. China is trying to "shackle & unfairly" undercut western mining companies, & crucial western mineral supply chains etc.
    Can BSX's green , refined Ni sulphide battery precursor chemicals be a counterweight to the current Chinese domination of EV etc. batteries

(Also, the USA has, c.1 week ago, announced tariffs of 100% on Chinese made EV imports etc.- but not yet, directly , on China's use of anti- ESG, cheap, & very high CO2 Indon refined Ni laterites.The US stated China is providing unfair subsidies etc. which, it claims, flout WTO rules.

The EU, also, is currently conducting an official, related enquiry, re Chinese unfair EV subsidies etc.; & has stated it may implement similar measures soon against China).

Thanks @MtnMusic for posting the direct quote from the 21.5.24 New York's prestigious Wall Street Journal; & the QPM tweet of 20.5.24. Post #:73970359

Wall Street Journal 21.5.24 said

"...Like other western miners, Talon says it isn't a fair fight. Chinese nickel companies receive cheap state financing as part of a strategic imperative to gain control over pricing ...".
    " All the western projects have to meet market-based economic criteria..."

The mineral industry is a national priority for Beijing. Metals & mining investment under its Belt & Road initiative hit record levels last year. Chinese official lending for minerals projects in developing countries typically offers lower rates than commercial loans (to Chinese companies- my words)..
    Meanwhile, western companies struggle to get loans...western banks are reluctant to finance projects in risky-mineral rich countries, and that China is often the only player".

QPM Director S. Grocott tweet, 20.5.24, said

"The forecast nickel sulphate deficits , and the growing desire of North America, the EU, & northern Asia for low cost, clean, battery chemicals supply are manifest (all emphases, mine)".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $23.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.2¢ $12.05K 280.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 73000 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 91516 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BSX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.