(Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    (Revelation 12:9) So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan. It's symbolism, Mr Gordon, pure and simple symbolism. Did God literally pick up a dragon that became a serpent and called it devil and satan and then threw it from heaven to earth to cause chaos on earth. Why did He not deal with it Himself instead of dumping His mess on us?

Because it's symbolism. The great dragon is symbolic of a collective of people working together with extreme ill-intent. The devil and satan are the base natures each one of us possesses.

who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. This means those who work as despotic regimes, it means entrenched corruption. Angels has many meanings and in this case it means those who work for corrupt regimes, the likes of all those who fawned over Hitler and made his path possible.

Then you quote 12:1 and completely ignore the principal character, the "woman". Then you omitted a crucial part of verse 4. I did say that I had only supplied a tiny insight into this vast story. I could write a sizeable book about this but nobody on HC would read it. I was hoping you might see the clear evidence for those prophecies being about Islam.

Okay, the woman is the Law of God. The dragon is the Islamic orthodoxy that has destroyed Islam from within, they are standing near the woman to devour her child, or to corrupt the Law of God. The Child is the returned Christ by a new name.

Verse 5. "And she brought forth a man child, Who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron." This man child is the returned Christ from a bloodline that runs through Jesus, Muhammad and the returned Christ by a new name, a son born of the Law of God. The iron rod is not a sword, so His rule will be by the strength of reason and not by the sword as was the case with Muhammad.

This links the scene to the first prophecy of the Bible which foretold the enmity.
    Genesis 3:15) And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel
    .”

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Similar meaning. All the Messengers of God suffer at the hands of the religious orthodoxy of their age. Noah had a flood of revelation that was rejected and the people were destroyed in a flood of ignorance. Jesus was rejected by all but a chosen few. The returned Jesus by a new name will be rejected in His own land. The woman which is the Law of God is rejected from age to age. Her followers are rejected and the serpent will be ever present in the form of base human nature.

Satan wont like hearing that rather than his being able to devour "her child", the woman's "offspring" will "crush your (Satan's) head" No, that's true, it appears you do not like reading this. Noah won out in the end. Jesus was killed having left a mere handful of followers and today Christianity is the largest religious movement on earth. Mohammad was rejected as a babbling fool and today His religion is the second most plentiful religion on earth.

The established religion in every age rejects the renewed religion, just as Jesus was rejected by the established religion of His age. When He returns it will be 100% the same. All Christian religions will reject Him just as Noah was rejected before Him.

It's a very big story, Mr Gordon, but I have supplied you with enough detail to surely make you question what you believe? These are the only real world events that these prophecies fit.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.