Well yes indeed. My point was, is, could be, I'm not sure what...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Well yes indeed. My point was, is, could be, I'm not sure what my point was, oh yes, Mr Gordon sees the fingerprints of the Jehovah Witness in the prophecies and omens and portents of the Book of Revelation.

It enables the Jehovah Witness to take possession of invisible Jesus and claim to be God's singular, to the exclusion of all others, minion on earth by mining obscure aspects of this book and shoehorning square pegs into their round hole world view.

All I was trying to do was show that there are far better renderings of those abstruse passages that can be made fit real world events with no more than a bit of baby oil and elbow grease.

I have no idea if the Baha'is are right or wrong and I certainly don't have proof of their claim, but it is an interesting claim that is better than any other I've heard.

It's all about finding patterns that correspond with a desired outcome, whilst bypassing those that don't. Maybe so, but that's our blessing and our curse. Is it worth making the effort to build a case for there being any real world consequences to the utterances of a hermit muttering away in a cave. Do we dismiss it because no absolute definitive meaning is possible, or accept that it presents some rather interesting allusions to historical events, or do we allow fundamentalists to weave stories with this stuff that fosters superstition, ignorance and a diminution of the human potential?

My bugbear is the certainty of ignorance that fundamentalist religions present as irrefutable fact. All I was trying to do was show that there are far better possible interpretations of this insoluble passages than some religion forming in the US and it being earmarked in the Book of Revelation.

When I want something out of the Bible I turn to Meister Eckhart because he releases the essence of meaning rather than the meaning of words. I never read Revelation because I can't understand it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.