I don't agree with all the reasons outlined in the article but...

1. 937 Posts.
    I don't agree with all the reasons outlined in the article but it does look like sentiment is changing.

The barometer that I use as to how things are going in my areas of interest but the factors I look at are much more micro than those outlined in the article.

Very recently (in the last month ) I noticed a bit more stock come onto the market and it has been pretty much snapped up in the last week. At this point I only know the auction prices obtained but will investigate the prices achieved for the private treaty sales. However, the asking prices of the private treaty properties were fairly healthy but certainly off the highs of the last few years.

I also read somewhere this morning that the ANZ Bank is tipping an interest rate reduction of 100 points in the next 12 months. To me this seems way too high but another 25-50 basis points (20-40 points off mortgages) won't hurt the market.

It looks like I have missed the low point of the market where I invest in. Will be looking for a property further up the coast to eventually move into.

Good luck to all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.