GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold breaks out, page-417

1. 5,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    This is a really good site, you should read, Skol... I will highlight for you

http://www.numbersleuth.org/worlds-gold/

You keep saying the world production of gold just goes up year on year and they just dig out what they need. Skol, in 1990 'they' dug out 2180 tonnes. That has grown to a whooping 2500 tonne per year. I think you have been telling some porkies.

The oddest fact was all the gold in existence 165,000 tonne at 1600 oz is worth only 8.5 Trillion. So if the US had all the gold in the world, it would pay for 1/4 of its stated debt by 2020. That is not counting the unfunded 50-60 Trillion (on top of the admitted 23 Trillion - by 2020)

Now that is just odd to my mind. It means one of two things. Gold is worth nothing, since there is not enough of it around at current prices to put a dent in any financial problem. Or that gold, if money, is incredibly under valued

Heck, you may be correct Skol. Maybe there is too little to play with. I guess just like 'what are moon rocks worth? answer: there are so few, so who cares'

Mind you, when you count anything in monopoly money, what is it worth. What are your cows worth? Gee, maybe we will get back to a barter system. It is so interesting to me that when there is soooooooooooooo much paper money around... what is it worth? And maybe you cant use gold as money - it is too scarce.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.