Gold Coast Suicides up 36%, page-168

1. 43,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    Yes the win and the loss..... Its good that LNP, whose demagogic platform sought to find every possible angle to win votes in a very Trumpian manner, were kept away from Govt for another term..... Yet do you truly consider the Labs to be much better? Supporting Adani and Palmer's coal mines?..... the lesser of two evils really hey.

I was living in Townsville during the '80 election, busking in the Mall with my version of the Times are a-Changin'...... Yet still Joh managed yet another (gerrymander) win. And yes, you make an astute connection with Morrison. - he is truly Joh's second son hey. "Now don't you worry about that.... look over there instead - aren't we the greatest" Oh Joh.... Another Bob Dylan song comes to mind when I think of Joh --- Masters of War "and I'll stand over your grave till I'm sure that you're dead."

Thanks for your understanding of meta-thinking. Yes, add Socrates, Aristotle, Descartes, Carl Jung and many others to the list, as well as buddhism and even St Augustine. My own explorations have made this very real to me separating the brain (instinctual) thinking from the true cognitive awareness..... yet there is a third, passive and observant that I've noted in my mediations -----==> Now I get to preaching, which I will eschew. But consciousness seems to be a many layered thing. So much so that I'm not certain where the Higher Self truly ends.

Descartes made this leap for me, although I'm uncertain that he truly grasped the nettle - he was so often under threat from the Inquisition that his writings were obscured and he severely edited his work to conform with the authorised view of the HRCC. He lost too many friends to the terror. So much of his thought is somewhat disguised beneath a layer of orthodoxy. Hence, although he couldn't definitively "prove" the existence of God, he seemed to positively acquiesce the existence of the Higher Self in the guise of god-head.

But the key for me was the separation of brain thinking, relegated to the physical body rather than mind, from the true higher thought of independent mind. The dichotomy was taught as the reductio absurdum of mind/body in my uni studies and derided as the destructive anti-holism that plagued medical science for 400 years, but when I read his work several times over...... the poor man was under threat so he was forced to disguise his work as so many other writers had to in those times.

But Lust.... isn't it a wonder of the brain to respond so fully to the attractions that surround us..... I was having a gastroscopy the other day and the young nurse..... so meditation comes in extremely useful at such times hey. This helps me to reflect more on Augustine.....

We should really carry this over to the lounge..... I'm not so keen on the Religion threads as there are too many who would intervene with New Age and Old Testament carry-on.... waddya say?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.