RED 1.10% 45.0¢ red 5 limited

Could not agree more. In any market major correction, all stocks...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Could not agree more. In any market major correction, all stocks will be hit and re-rate lower. However heres the caveat. Gold mining stocks will be the first to rise from the ashes, and l expect with a vengance that far exceeds how they were performing just prior to said crash, as smart money is always looking for ways to recoup losses. Bond yields at 5% won't cut it in a relatively high interest rate environment and the safety of cash likely equates to an erosion of capital anyway. l think we are on the cusp of a new commodities boom and this will lead the stock market recovery after the almost mandatory large sell off thats been building particularly so far as the "magnificent 7" are concerned.

l am not smart enough to time my selling to just before any major market correction and probably just as clueless to buy back in at the absolute bottom. Therefore, what works for me is just to hold. Since my average buy in is 15 cents, l will take the risk that any gold mining stocks re-rate will still be well above what l paid. lm also of the view that there is a lot more up side in Red's/Slr's SP medium term if gold maintains its price or increases further as some commentators predict. So, my view is that any paper loss will be short lived and the reward for not selling will be more than offset by near term gains if you have the nerve not to panic sell. l don't have a crystal ball to see into the future, but logic suggests that golds bull market phase is just beginning and will probably run 3-5 years. Given western debt generally, geopolitical uncertainty and a growing skeptisism around Fiat currency - continued momentum in the gold space just seems more likely to my way of thinking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.558B
Open High Low Value Volume
44.0¢ 45.3¢ 44.0¢ $3.798M 8.516M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 112581 44.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
45.0¢ 168563 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.65 %)
Open High Low Volume
44.5¢ 45.0¢ 44.0¢ 4768435
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.