NST 1.44% $14.08 northern star resources ltd

Gold Sky Rocketing $4+++ Thursday???, page-111

1. 643 Posts.
    A lot of good things have been written about NST, the Aussie goldies and the potential of gold and gold miners into the future.

It has been my intention for sometime to get a sizable stake in NST simply out of fear and as a hedge against AUD weakness (property bubble worries me and thus the health of banks which I think is inevitable, but who knows the timing of such thing. I was around when the property market cratered last time and I was a banker and we were closing down large real-estate agents, and couldn't even off load vacant land in Harvey Bay).

I have been trading NST and now waiting for a time to start accumulating permanent tranches in addition to having fun trading the dips. But really want to get a feel for is what is the realistic valuation of NST SP based on fundamentals alone.

I have assumed that NST would dive on big global market dives, out of fear and the need for holders to access cash funds for other liabilities. However there would also be an inflow from entities looking for a hedge on the dollar or gold. Also foreign money would sit safer in Aussie gold as the AUD gold tends to be resilient and have the benefit of gold's rise, which has/is been expected since its dive from 1,900USD. There is a lot going for gold and gold miners during an economic crisis. And it is the only safe place I can think of (excepting govt regulation/taxes etc on gold) that protects from most risks. And of course we have the artificial suppression of gold for a few years now despite heavy demand for physical so a strong upward potential is there also.

I am in a quandary, because NST has been at $1 not so long ago really (when I first ran across it), and has a pretty solid ride since. The fear is a crash in price again, regardless of fundamentals. But I am now thinking, that regardless of crashes in SP, the fundamentals supporting the SP (including resilient AUD gold price) will eventually win out in a risk averse market, where cash is looking for a safer place to live and be hedged. So I think upon a good understanding of real/supported value of NST SP that I will start a permanent accumulation at or around that price. But what exactly is that SP.

I'm looking at a tranche maybe holding up to 10 years off/on (depending on ongoing vitals of NST) to represent one portion of my risk balanced wealth portfolio, and the usual stuff for trading play time. Given if the AUD does go really weak, as expected even, then inflation is going to hit, but interest rates low. Stagflation. Gold as valued in USD to AUD keeps the purchasing value of your wealth better than say investing in other more complex shares, property or just cash.

And the other variable among many globally is the US Presidential elections, along with the disaster that is the ME

Time to start paying more attention to NST fundamentals than daily market variations maybe. IMO

What are peoples opinions/analysis on the fundamental value of NST SP. I wonder.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.08
Change
0.200(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $16.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.97 $14.25 $13.82 $65.72M 4.670M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65564 $14.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.10 601 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.