NST 1.44% $14.08 northern star resources ltd

A few years back the US 'Fed' dropped around 400 tons of (paper)...

1. 643 Posts.
    A few years back the US 'Fed' dropped around 400 tons of (paper) gold on the market in an afternoon to crater gold and ongoing confidence until we got to the current era of sub $1,200 USD as being the new normal. And gold has been tightly 'held' at around or below that USD price since.

I've managed to pick up gold bullion a number of times at some pretty good prices since 2008. BUT I am now thinking of adopting a new strategy in trading NST to take advantage of future gold price changes, especially in AUD, rather than adding more bullion.

These headlines today.......
    JPM's Striking Forecast: ECB Could Cut Rates To -4.5%; BOJ To -3.45%; Fed To -1.3%

JPM making statements like this is kind of scary and is a good a warning call as you could want as the state of economic affairs.

Means there is risk in simply holding cash and relying on rates and currency devaluation being in reasonable bounds.  The problem in hold bullion is the time and process it takes to convert to cash (liquidity), especially from where I am located. Likewise programs like PerthMintGold on the ASX and their Bullion Certificate programs, in which I also participate, carry certain risks about the actual holdings being there at anyone time despite their guarantees and 'audits', and if the SHTF you will be the last person they are concerned about. Even though they are supposed to be guaranteed by the WA government.

SO my new future strategy will be to accumulate NST on the dips in different tranches - one for long term holding as an alternative to physical gold.  AND on the dips buy tranches for trading.

So long as NST remains debt free and without ongoing issues. It is easy and a more liquid way to 'hold' gold.

I do expect TPTB to continue to keep a tight management on USD gold price whilst it needs to protect USD, stocks and so forth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.08
Change
0.200(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $16.18B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.97 $14.25 $13.82 $65.72M 4.670M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65564 $14.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.10 601 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.