GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

good to see gunns in trouble, page-22

1. 109 Posts.
    Quote from Sierra: "The local people and local governments are scared of voicing their opposition to these practices..."

You cannot be serious??? If local people and government were being "intimidated into silence" then where is all the negative press coming from?

Having travelled widely and regularly in SE Asia and India, I can assure you that despite the fact that the world IS recycling massive amounts of paper - hundreds of thousands of hectares of tropical forests continue to be denuded for palm oil etc and much of the wood goes to Malaysian, Indonesian, Chinese etc pulp mills which will directly compete with the Gunns pulp mill.

I say good luck to any Australian pulp mill (of which there are already 2 in Tasmania using native forest and plantations). Because anything produced here is automatically better than the default position - mills ripping away habitats of Sumatran rhinos, leopards, orangutans, the asian elephant, etc plus the homes of dayak indians, iban people etc.

Sierra - I am not employed by Gunns, am not a shareholder and do not necessarily agree with the process used in development on this project - but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the environmental net gain from this project is enormous when compared with the alternative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.