XTL 1.54% 4,606.0 s&p/asx 20

After reading Jako's comments on the BRU chart, I'm conscious of...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    After reading Jako's comments on the BRU chart, I'm conscious of trying not to label things to early or to fit my own perception of how the narrative "should" play out, but looking at the weekly chart for WOR I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is that "bag-holding" (or potential bag-holding" on the last weekly bar? Ultra high volume on a narrow spread bar, and it's right at the bottom of the previous sideways consolidation range. It looks to me like price is being heavily defended here, which includes the stopping volume on Friday. I don't think I've seen a clear cut case of bag-holding since I started learning about this a couple of months ago- but this looks to fit the bill?

Secondly, there has been a few interesting spikes and drops in nett shorts recently. I've attached a chart to show the price action which follows and associated. I notice shorting or short covering levels is not discussed very often here, so am interested in what could be read in to this (if anything) to support a view of what is happening. With some stocks I have noticed when nett shorts start seriously dropping (on highly shorted stocks) for example, high levels of daily shorts can be seen. I assume this is large traders trying to hose down or cap the price to manage a graceful exit while at the same time are nett buyers if the upwards momentum is fairly strong.

With WOR it looks a bit different, and it's not exactly a highly shorted stock, so I'm not sure if there's anything to read in to it, but it looks like there has been a bit of a battle between longs and shorts. More recently it looks like the shorts piled in maybe after encouragement from the Wall St wobbles, and that probably contributed to the recent sell off. But were met with strong buying and soon covered pretty quickly. As I type this out, with the relatively low overall levels I'm thinking this is probably just short term trading and not part of a larger players strategy, but I'm still interested in peoples views on what situations short interest come in to play to help with your view of a chart.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1372/1372623-c0e908481d0285d36f8424110ca1f866.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1372/1372625-5669bfe0c2dbbd2c5dbced4d25ba5df8.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.