I thought the Perth area was doing well, page-262

1. 11,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 674
    Hi there,

Very good points! Unfortunately I am not qualified to answer these though.
    I always sold in rural areas, farms and small acreage properties.

I remember having to go to all these tedious lectures on strata properties. My, that was a minefield, I was so thankful to never be selling around the city.

I do know a lot of retired and younger people aspire to this lifestyle. Personally I couldn't think of anything worse.
    Yes the situation which you have raised could be very valid, hopefully not.

If I was in a hotel lockdown, I would quickly lose my mind if I could not have a window open.
    As for living permanently in an apartment, without at least a spacious balcony, I would feel imprisoned.

I am originally from London. I cannot imagine how awful it would be living in a horrid 1960's high rise building, certainly they would not have balconies. Sadly many poor people are suffering this fate as we chat.

Yes, I do think there is a demand for luxurious inner city apartments. Many people love that lifestyle and I do believe they would be prepared to pay a decent premium for rooftop garden/large balconies.

At this point though, developers are unlikely to look that far ahead. They just want to cram as many apartments in as possible.

Swimming pools, communal areas would all be locked up I guess. Give me a home among the gum trees anyday.
    I also wonder how people get on living on tiny strata blocks if they wish to have visitors. It reminds me of battery hens, why would anyone choose to live like this?

Even though I was born in Surrey and grew up and worked in London, I couldn't wait to escape to the country. But that is just me. We are all different.

So, to answer your question. I think in todays fragile world it would be a great risk to buy an inner city apartment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.