SPL 1.60% 9.6¢ starpharma holdings limited

India and Starpharma and DEP® Remdesivir and VivaGel® BV and VIRALEZE™ Antiviral Nasal Spray

1. 12,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1414
    Yesterday we had an interesting piece of information presented to us in the Shareholder newsletter

Starpharma is pursuing avenues to provide rapid access to VIRALEZE™ in India, including opportunities for expedited registration and distribution in the region

That certainly is a bold statement

Credibility of management  is a big factor when investing in companies

My expectations of Starpharma supplying India with the nasal spray is absolutely zero in the near term.

India and DEP® Remdesivir

Some months ago when Remdesivir was all the rage and could help against coronavirus, Starpharma released an announcement referring to it's own improved formulated version DEP® Remdesivir

Remdesivir is one treatment option for COVID-19. It needs to be delivered in a hospital setting via an IV infusion, which, because of its insolubility, involves a large volume and slow delivery requiring 0.5-2 hours. Treatment involves daily administration for 5-10 days. Because of its insolubility, remdesivir is delivered with an excipient (cyclodextrin), which is not recommended for patients with kidney impairment, which is not unknown with COVID-19 patients.

DEP® remdesivir does not require the use of cyclodextrin, and because of the solubility of the DEP-coupled remdesivir, the delivery volume is 2-3ml, and it can be applied subcutaneously. This means that delivering outside of a hospital setting is possible, and the delivery time is short. Moreover, the DEP remdesivir is longer acting than remdesivir. Starpharma are/were in discussion with Gilead

As far as I can see.........Gilead would be mad not to collaborate with Starpharma and partner to produce this improved drug. If they don't.....then either Starpharma, if it has the inclination, can go it alone or join up with another big pharma to bring this to market. Remember not only is Remdesivir out of patent, Stapharma's formulation is a new drug........so Gilead cannot litigate against the company

In a couple of earlier posts, I highlighted that the Russians wanted to provide India with a generic version of the substandard Remdesivir compared to Starpharma's version. I also gave a link to the fact that Joe Biden is sending product (Remdesivir) to India.

India and VivaGel® BV

There are 4 countries in the world that Starpharma have for the last couple of years or so, worked on to receive marketing approval for VivaGel® BV

They are Canada, India, Israel and USA.

Wonder if we get approval in India before USA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
0.002(1.60%)
Mkt cap ! $39.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.4¢ 9.6¢ 9.4¢ $32.09K 339.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3699 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 65000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.54pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.