Interactive brokers and margin lending

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    sorry in advance there may be answers for me somewhere in all these previous forums nonetheless i dont want to spend months trying to find them to not find what im looking for.

Long story short im toying with the idea of getting a margin loan for share trading, mainly selling puts/calls (if the product even exists)

In the past ive always been a big believer in using cash to avoid being forced to sell if a margin call comes in. in saying that im seeing some great opportunities out there which i would love to monopolize on using leverage via a margin lending arrangement.

Are there any facilities out there that people are using that they would recommend.

Currently im using westpac and commsec for my usual share and options trading, they have margin facilities but rates are pretty high. Ive had a look at interactive brokers and their rates look almost too good to be true.

Does anyone have any recent experience with interactive brokers and their margin lending products, if so can their product be used not only to purchase shares outright but also to sell put options??? Also with something like IB im also concerned about the safety of capital having funds with essentially a company that started overseas compared to having your funds with the like of an aussie firm like commsec.

anyway interested to here any reviews/personal experiences would be appreciated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.