IPP 0.00% $3.98 iproperty group limited

Hello JalumaI was using realestate.com.au as an example most...

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Hello Jaluma

I was using realestate.com.au as an example most people can relate to. I suppose the better defined question is whether iproperty can dominate and be as profitable in its markets as many other real estate portals are in other markets.

Yes Malaysia and Indonesia are the most important markets. However in Indonesia it is probably facing a determined competitor with deep pockets in close to equal position (see my earliest post re rumah.com and its parent propertyguru). If this is the case, then the chances of it being successful (let alone successfully profitable soon) are probably only 50/50. And if it is successful it will be some time before that success shows through

Yes, Hong Kong would be nice but is 28hse.com already the dominant portal in Hong Kong? And if yes, then the game is over there.

Finally I remember reading about a fund manager who said that he gets worried when they start to use the term "hope" in reference to their portfolio. Being Australian I hope iproperty are winners but my reading is that while the odds aren't bad, they aren't great either.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.