SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

“Mr Taylor has been charged with five contraventions of the...

1. 1,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 607
    “Mr Taylor has been charged with five contraventions of the Corporations Act while Grant Thornton, as the authorised audit company, has also been charged with five contraventions, ASIC said.Grant Thornton was appointed as iSignthis’ statutory auditors for financial 2018. Mr Taylor was a director of Grant Thornton at the time, and ASIC alleges he was also responsible for the conduct of the audit. ASIC said the maximum penalty for each offence at the relative time was $10,500 for individuals and $52,500 for body corporates. The matter is being prosecuted by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions.”

Easy on the chartwheels pal they have to win first and the charges are denied....you don’t even know what the charges are firstly (could be any part of the audit). Are they challenging the performance shares being issued? They aren’t in the ISX court case.

Gee they look like powerful charges BTW. Am I reading this right, Brad could be up for a whopping 5 x 10,000 = $50,000 fine and Grant Thornton 5 x $52,000 = $250,000 fine. If that’s true I’ll try not to laugh.
    Last edited by Rodeoshow: 01/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.