Its Over, page-81

1. 20,818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1965
    The subdued and lacklustre trading continued today as expected, as breaking news citing UK subs on the way to Syria amidst a possible Syrian missile strike being seriously considered in the coming day(s). You ask, surely that should be good for Gold and Gold stocks. Well, GOLD (ETF) (ticker GOLD) was up 0.65% today but NST fell back after a promising start [made a modest foray into NST today]. Gold should have been doing better IMO but it is holding and looking good as the days pass.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article62030.html

Weakness continued especially prominent amongst smallcap techs waiting for validation- new lows were made by IXU (would enterprises be as willing to collaborate on data following the Facebook imbroglio?) @28c, Brainchip (BRN) @15c (-6.25%), YOJ @15c (-6.25%), SAS @11.5c. Another market darling Afterpay (APT) has taken a further 4.5% tumble to $5.35 after Goldman Sachs downgraded the stock for the second time to $6.30. Another multibagger Pushpay (PPH) declined a further 4.3% following yesterday’s post-announcement fall despite a better revenue result. AXP woes continued with a further drop of 11.4% to 15.5c following its two days of sharp drops after announcing its CEO’s resignation.

I actually don’t look forward to 4C quarterly announcements when I am involved with a specky stock because they tend to cause sp to fall subsequently upon release. They only serve to reveal the actual beast i.e the reality that market anticipation is usually ahead of where the company’s progress is at and sp is ahead of its progress. Case example is M7T which dropped 8% after its mediocre quarterly results update today before recovering in late session.

This is my feeling when the next batch of 4C arrives – the resulting decline could take the sp below their major support levels, triggering further selling.

In another news, House Speaker Paul Ryan has expressed that he will not run for re-election and with a likely Democrat resurgence in the looming mid-term elections, it may well open the door for the Democrats to wrest control over Congress. Why is that significant? It increases the odds that POTUS Trump could get impeached and that would be bad for the markets. So it can’t be promising for the markets beyond the 2H 2018.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.