ADN 14.3% 0.8¢ andromeda metals limited

James Marsh - MD Interviews, page-96

1. 1,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1364
    I don't get it either. People are obsessed with the trigger word consolidation. It makes no difference, if anything a negative effect as it gives the "share price" more room to fall.

It's an accounting gimmick that gives no benefit to shareholders. Maybe if the SP was $0.001 you do it as an accounting gimmick to stimulate liquidity as the pip percentage change at a higher SP wouldn't be as great.

If anything a split is the one shareholders want to give the impression the stock is cheaper to buy. Tesla was a beautiful example of this with their 5-1 split. People would have seen it as 5 times cheaper, not understand why and buy it up to where it was before. 5 bagger from an accounting gimmick.

There is no reason why ADN should do a consolidation. The only reason I could think of is for some whacky reason, an institution needs a SP to be over a certain denomination prior to investing as some sort of weird criteria.

There's going to be a plethora of people over the next few years coming here saying there's too many shares on issue. Ignore the noise, they just heard the word consolidation somewhere and are uninformed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.