Jesus Christ was not Jewish, page-9

1. 31,382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1494
    Let's get the opinion of someone who has the utmost authority on the subject....Jesus Christ Himself. The often misquoted Gospel of John, Chapter 8, specifically references not only Jews as distinct from Israel (John 8:22, 48, 52) but is elaborated upon by Christ Himself:

“They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. You do the deeds of your father.

Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do you not understand my speech? even because you cannot hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do… And if I say the truth, why do you not believe me? He that is of God heareth God’s words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.” (John 8:39-44, 46-47). But it is the preceding line that makes a distinction between “Jews” and Israelites, to include Judeans.

“I know that you are Abraham’s seed; but you seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.” (John 8:37). What is Jesus Christ saying? Simple: Not everyone from Abraham’s seed is provided the promises of Israel. It is important to remember, Abraham had two grandsons – Jacob and Esau. Jacob becomes Israel, and it is with Israel that God lays His promise. Esau, meanwhile, is the Patriarch of the Edomites – a related tribe, but not a promised tribe. At the time of Jesus Christ, the Edomite ascension had been so complete, that the true Israelites were now ruled by Herod, an Edomite King of Judea. Thus, Jesus is effectively saying, “Yes, you have Abrahamic blood, but those of you who call yourself Jews are not my people, and thus, you cannot hear my words.”

Scripturally and spiritually, what does this mean? God does not lie. He promises to bless Abraham’s chosen seed (Genesis 12: 1-3), sealing the deal in Genesis 17, and manifesting the fulfilment of that promise in the manner of Jesus Christ: “Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” (Galatians 3:16) If you are truly a Christian, there is only one way to approach the Jewish rejection of Jesus Christ: either God is lying – and He offered a false promise to those whom He promised to fulfill– or those calling themselves Jewish are not the true Chosen people as recorded in the Bible. Since God does not lie, it is obvious that the other party is at fault. One cannot be Chosen and go to Hell. Thus, the reason that the Jews of Christ’s time did not accept Him then and reject Him today is simple: “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” (John 10:14)

In other words, Jesus is saying the Jews – a sect of individuals within Israel at the time of his human ministry – reject Him because they are not Abrahamic Israelites to whom He was promised. To this day, a rejection of Jesus Christ is a manifestation of a people who have no claim to Chosen status. They are spiritual imposters at best – and Jesus calls them out on this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.