Seeing if can post this with post button here as post button...

1. 1,876 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1129
    Seeing if can post this with post button here as post button elsewhere doesn't seem to work currently.

It doesn't appear that the market has caught on. I'm sure we'll see a bounce once the patent confirmation becomes more widely known. I was thinking it was curious. From your excerpt it seems the patent is or will be granted on the 21stof this month. Yet a further announcement from Ex1 management doesn't seem to have been issued. I checked out the 27 September 2021 announcement Response to ASX Price Query and found on page 2 this - (bolding mine - quotes from the announcement)"The Company would normally receive details of the USPTO Notice of allowance via its United States Patent Attorneys ('Agents') and confirms that it has not yet received such notification from its Agents in the United States. The Company would expect to receive such notification soon.Normally the Company would make an announcement under Listing Rule 3.1 - giving patent number, the expiry date and its importance - upon the final grant of a patent, immediately upon completion.2(a) The Company was relying on Listing Rule 3.1A not to announce the information because it concerns an incomplete proposal or negotiation and the Company believed that the information was confidential. As the Company is now aware that the information is not confidential, it is no longer relying on Listing Rule 3.1A. (b) An announcement has been prepared and will be made immediately"@Halo99, I'm not suggesting anyone is doing anything wrong, if they are, I don't know that to be so. But I'm finding it interesting when listed biotech companies disclose and don't disclose information. you wrote (Post #: 58212096) "Just on your point re US patent for LEAP, it will be granted on 21 Dec 2021 - see screenshot below (patent number 11202805). " And looking at your excerpt I interpret it that way too. Are we currently sitting in a sort of zone where there is info in the public domain (your excerpt) that is market sensitive (the exact date of patent grant) and the company hasn't announced it yet so some of the market knows and much of the market doesn't? Perhaps the exact date isn't deemed market sensitive in itself given that a rough date has already been foreshaddowed by Ex1 management in their announcements. Or perhaps there is still some details to be confirmed. This is from the 27 September 2021 (page 1) "At this point a USPTO patent number has not been issued in relation to the application and there are some formalities that need to be completed. Normally the US Patent would be issued around 8 weeks after the marked publication date (date which has not yet been set) and the payment of a fee by the Company to the USPTO. Upon publication the Application is not confirmed and is open to objections by other parties."Maybe that 21.12 is now to be the "marked publication date". Maybe the true value of a patent being granted is only really added after that bold sentence above comes into play ie - "Upon publication etc .. where "is open to objections by other parties" - I'm wondering if there are objections from other parties Ex1 are aware of. I'm sorry for the length of this I just find it really interesting what is and is not announced because I'm a retail shareholder and any non announced info that is circulating that I don't have access to is something that puts me at a competitive disadvantage. I'm not currently sure whether Ex1 or the ASX announcements office would decide whether something like that patent application being granted is a price sensitive announcement or not. Do you know?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.