HCY halcyon group ltd

look - on the raw numbers, yes, its a great deal. but lots to...

1. 2,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    look - on the raw numbers, yes, its a great deal. but lots to consider.

Firstly, the costs. Halcyon is paying about $30m in total for this mine. Of this 800K is upfront and the rest is in shares and options, so not too bad actually.

The project
    =======
    Right now, nickel is already way off its highs at $12/lb.

But still a floor price of about $10/lb is reasonable.

So on the assumption that canegrass has 140000 tonnes of nickel metal, you get a total value of nickel product of 140000*10000/.454 = 3.08 bn.

It appears that Capex on this project will be minimal (the pit is open, they've done infill drilling I presume to demarcate the resource). They'll have to get the men and the equipment to run a dig and haul operation to the nearest existing HPAL producer [pretty sweet deal really]

Costs of Extraction. For Halcyon, impossible to say. I know that Minara's forward looking total cash cost of production (ground to saleable nickel) is US 534c/lb from my last broker report. minara used as its Australias top lateralite producer.

I think its reasonable that the provider of the ore (Halcyon ) would get a 10-20% cut for their part in the process. [unsure of this figure]

So you're looking at anywhere between 300-600million to Halcyon minus their cost of extraction.

Looks like a good deal - and its the most progress I've ever seen HCY make in my history trading this company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HCY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.