GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

just punched through 990, page-21

1. 48 Posts.
    Yeah and I am dreaming that the stocks i am long in will all go to $1000 as well. Doesn't mean it will happen.

As for Chinese, they stopped buying commodities about 2 months ago. They switched as much of their $US to hard commods as they wanted and bottom of the cycle prices. They are far smarter than you Siameseparrot (unless of course you are Chinese). Of course they are going to spruik gold now, they have incresed their holdings. Their media, which is an extension of their govt, will say whatever they are told, but don't think for a second it is what they are really doing. Your 6 months late on that one mate. Never trust the messages coming out of China. Thats your first mistake.

Secondly, $680 in 1980 was a spike well above long term average, so don't make any calculations based on that figure.

Of course mum's and dads aren't buying gold, 80% of mums and dads don't invest in anything other than their property.

The US announced it was going to borrow unprecedented amounts of money way back in October/ November last year. Yet the in that time gold has not surpassed its March 2008 high (before all that US debt.) So your fear and trepidation point and the point of another poster about lack of faith in US banking system is also flawed. Hello, the US banking system has been f%*$ed for nearly a year now, and gold has failed to pass March 2008 (inflation/ oil related high).

Geepers Siamese, i can't believe you put a thread of weight on what the Chinese govt actually allow into the media. How long have you been doing this?

Your post has emotional attachment to gold written all over it, which is yet another big investing no no. Oh well live and learn.

My theory is simple, don't invest in something that has very few actual tangible uses (jewelery demand is really not that high), has failed 4 times to make a new high, and is at the top of its current trading range.

I may be proved wrong, and then all the parrots can have their day and bleat me down back to where I came from (Siamese or not).

And for the record, your sign off is not accurate either. No one believes that printing more money creates real wealth. Everyone knows it is not good, but sometimes it is better than the alternative. It will also make my home loan less onerous.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.