''What we have seen historically is with more use of machines...

1. 84,831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''What we have seen historically is with more use of machines that ,while hours of paid work decrease, .....the hourly rate increases ....''

there will be a transition period

but do not hang your hat on what you wrote there ---------- that is historic

this robotic and automated era is NOT anything like we can judge by

people are still using the old argument that we expected computers to take jobs - but, that they in fact created jobs -

yes they did

but, one has to look at the difference between computers - including a very advanced computer era ------ And a robotics era -

the computer era needed -------- keyboards. And every keyboard needed a human punching keys. It also required little squinty people in dark rooms to write programs. It also needed people to visit houses and fix computers that people had problems with

an advanced Robotics era - may well require NONE of that.

Robots will do the tasks. If a robot stops functioning. Then a robotic truck will come out and robots will walk in a replacement robot - OR fix the dud on the spot. They will take away a dud that can't be repaired on the spot - it will go to the robot hospital and will have it's brains or arms or whatever dud bits replaced.

At present of course - we have god knows how many people turning screws and writing programs and trying to invent things to make this happen

BUT - it will happen.

Don't get too tied up on my 100 years - that's a dead cert time. Learn the lesson from ChatGPT - which is still in nappies and shitting itself -

the point is - that attitudes changed overnight on it's release - it was good enough to show people what is coming.

and it's coming fast fast fast.

Robots I suggest - may well be the same.

Even now - not human style robots - but, other robots are far in advance of humans. I know a guy that just had a double hip replacement - done in France by robot. (only one facility that did it at the time)

Now, I've seen some pretty bloody good hip replacements and a few duds. I've seen front and rear entry and I've seen the risks of both - done by humans.

The robot job was like chalk and cheese ----------- unbelievable.

Where human surgeons did the ops - both the tables I know, look like something out of an alien movie - and the joint is separated in a pretty gross way

the bloody robot separated the joint by a flys fart and the return to walking - which was very good in the human methods anyway - well, the return to walking from the robotic job was almost unbelievable and the healing like a time warp

crazy stuff

the humans will stay in the loop for years yet I guess - but, it won't be long before they are merely there filing their nails

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.