Around 13 years ago, a mate of mine moved into a street in...

1. 75 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Around 13 years ago, a mate of mine moved into a street in Lakemba. Once he had finished moving his things & arrived there In a car with his girlfriend to sleep there fIr the fIrst nIght, after a long day of moving, his car was surrounded by a circle of young Muslim men. their ringleader told my mate that they own the street & that the following evening they will be coming to my mate's house to watch TV. Outnumbered, he didn't make a scene, & they let him & his girl get in with things. Sure enough, the following evening they arrived to watc TV in his apartment. He had the chain lock on the door & didn't let them in. They threatened him & his girl & verbally abused them. Later that night, my mate heard through the window some random woman screaming for help, sounding like she was being attacked or raped. By that point he had enough of the area & moved out on the third day. He complained to the real estate agent, who apologised for not mentioning the issues they have in the area.

A few years later another mate of mine was talking to Lakemba police for some reason (I can't remember the cause in that case), & they told him that there are a few streets in Lakemba that they won't police - that if he goes there & gets in trouble, that he's on his own.

So is Lakemba a no-go zone? Probably not all of Lakemba, for now. But there are a number of streets where non-Muslims can't live, because they'll be harassed until they leave, or where there is no policing. I think characterising those streets as no-go zones is not far fetched. Also, for now it's only a few streets, but those areas grow with time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.