SPL 2.11% 9.3¢ starpharma holdings limited

Let's move on, page-2

1. 2,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 629
    Thank you for this analysis AB. While optimistic, as you always are, it strikes true to me.

I share your view that the FDA hiccup is powerful pharmaceutical interests in the United States doing what they have a tendency to do. This is not bribery and corruption of course, because it is carefully undertaken within a legal framework which allows such things as long as you follow the rules of lawyers. Just like the TGA appeal which occurred here in Australia.

Fortunately we have additional strings to our bow and I cannot see how Vivagel BV will not be released into some markets this year, and hopefully this financial year. The demand for this treatment, even in a relatively tiny market like Australia is very substantial.

We have yet to see hard figures on the efficacy of the DEP clinical program, just anecdotal evidence. If and when that data is released later this year it will be a watershed, I think.

And who knows, maybe Okamoto, in their market, can succeed where a disinterested rubber glove manufacturer here could not. Would not be hard to get a million or more out of that business.

I, for one, think the worst thing that could happen in the short term would be take-over bid for about double the current price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.