GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

FluffynymphI may well be wrong here, but it appeared, on reading...

1. 325 Posts.
    Fluffynymph

I may well be wrong here, but it appeared, on reading the content of your post yesterday, that you bought yesterday based on information delivered by GOT in the promotional video you uploaded. I'm making this assumption because you talked about Gemco's position in the "league ladder" of Australian mining projects and repeated what was stated in the video in terms of GOT being a competitor with Gemco. And of course what you do with your money is your business.

Not only did that promotional clip, spectacularly out of date in being a product of the previous board, but in itself, as "spin", selling a concept and a dream, a pretty good example of the blight of "spin" as a tool to mask realties and issues. And that approach of GOT at the time is one of the reasons for my own cynicism as to the "ethics" of that company and its marketing approach. This cynisism remains now but for different reasons.

The promotional clip was released at a time when GOT had EL applications in for Winchelsea and Bickerton Islands. It made no mention of the fact that those EL's might be rebuffed by the TO's, which in fact ended up being the case, as you know. In fact there's really no metion of the TO's at all, from memory, as stake holders.

The clip is replete with graphics of a mining processing plant on Winchelsea Island (or a place so similar that the inference is that its one and the same), and of all things a bridge to Groote proper, making landfall at a place called Bartalumba Bay.

Not even a hint in that clip that this stuff might not eventuate- no acknowledgement that dead people are buried on Winchelsea or the other significant reasons that that island is sacred to the TO's. No mention of the considerable impediments to gaining permission to build that "bridge"- although where the road crossing that bridge would end up is anybody's guess...to link with any other meaningful road network on the island would have meant negotiating not only with the TO's but with Gemco.

Also no indication of the complexities of constructing a deep water port at Winchelsea, given the sea depth there.
    Not to mention another stake holder Territory Trepang Traders who are based at Bartalumba Bay.

What sticks in my craw it that this type of misleading promotional activity is indulged in, not only by GOT at the time, but in all kinds of promotions where one group of individuals is pursuing the finances of another group, in this case the average Joe SM punter. Also what rankles is that legislation allows this to happen...even though personally I hate legislative controls and the intrusion of governments into the personal lives of its citizens.

As for GOT being a competitor with Gemco. And what I'm saying here does relate to that notion at this point in time: Gemco is part of a massive multi national conglomerate. When I visited their head office in Melbourne, around 2001 from memory, I got lost for for about three days trying to navigate around the place...even though their head office has moved I'd imagine it would still be the same. At this point in time GOT, apparently, don't even have an office front (although maybe they have opened up shop in Darwin), and certainly not even a functional web-site and apparently around five millions bucks in their kick.

I know that SH's really have no option but to hold at this point in time, and essentially pray for good news. But for the life of me, and I really do try to get my ahead around all this, and I take into account your "journey" and "dream" statement- all that stuff- but for the life of me, I just do not understand how anyone would buy at this point in time. As a short to meduim term investment to me its all just a wing a prayer, Wright brothers stuff. And how anyone has faith in a company who appears to be so contemptuous of it own SH's is absolutely beyond me.

I don't take any of this lightly, that's pretty obvious, and I try and empathise with small share holders and the TO's alike. But I'm with Moneyputih on this, his is the only sentiment, at base, that makes sense to me...via smoke and mirrors share holders have been sold a dud.

But as always time will tell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.