Lithium comparisons is now 75% complete and the final Lithium...

1. 765 Posts.
    Lithium comparisons is now 75% complete and the final Lithium Comparisons Part 4 will be published over the next 2 weeks.

So many opinions and debate over Lithium.  Which type of Lithium will supply the demand in the near future and long term.  Which Lithium type is the lowest cost to produce, wish I had all the answers to every ones questions, but what I can offer is analysis for Lithium stocks performance over the past 18 months.  I have been tracking the best value for investment on the ASX and, as we have seen from the previous Lithium comparisons, Lithium spodumene is clearly leading the way for high returns on investment with the ASX over the last 18 months.

I have enjoyed the healthy debates and opinions resulting from my earlier comparisons on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Hotcopper.  It has also been interesting to see what stocks investors prefer and/or speculate that will have high returns or make it to production.  I look forward to continuing these discussions on social media.

Things we have learnt over the last 18 months since the lithium boom;

• Lithium will most likely be the commodity in the highest demand for the next 10 years
    • Price for Lithium keeps going up, when will it stabilise? For the next 2 years or longer?
    • There are 80+ ASX listed companies exploring Lithium, how many will make it? Less then 20 & more likely closer to 12.
    • Will Lithium Spodumene lead the way for to supplying demand or will other Lithium Types such as Brine, Mica & Lepidolite take over from spodumene? Or will both have close to equal opportunity of supplying demand?

Lithium Spodumene

Which type of Lithium is leading the way now after completing 75% of the comparisons stocks?  From the comparisons from part 1 to part 2, we have seen a drop in Lithium spodumene from 273% to 262%.  From the drop to 262% on November 1st, it has fallen further to 239.80% as of close of trading on Friday 25th November 2016.  That’s a drop of 33% in just 24 days.  Again, there can be many factors to the continued drop for Lithium spodumene, however in my opinion we will see this rise again in 2017 with some ASX listed stocks moving close to production or already in production.  There are 39 ASX listed companies exploring Lithium spodumene with a few exploring other types of Lithium too, so will be in both Lithium lists.  Lithium Spodumene top 3 now are;
    1. SYA Growth of 1,300%
    2. AJM Growth of 1,041%
    3. PLS Growth of 1,025%
    Interesting, AJM & SYA have some of the same people on both boards.
    Lithium spodumene stocks range from 0.001c to $13.30.  Market caps from $2,159,434.28c to $2,487,587,857.30c.

Other Lithium Brine, Mica & Lepidolite

Should there be further separation of this group too?  Should there be a group for Brine only?  There are now 23 companies in this group that are exploring other types of Lithium.  There are a few companies in both groups as I have already mentioned.  Since the last Lithium Comparison Part 2, Other Lithium group was at 164% growth in 18 months as of Novembers 1st 2016.  This group has also dropped significantly to 124.99%.  Again this would be significantly lower when you take away 3 duplicate companies in both lists.  Other Lithium Types top 3 now are;
    1. GXY Growth of 925.64%    (also have spodumene project/s)
    2. AGY Growth of 800% (also have spodumene project/s)
    3. CGM Growth of 450% (also have spodumene project/s)
    Interesting that the top 3 also all have spodumene project/s.
    Its clear that Lithium spodumene is still the preferred investment over the other types of Lithium.  We only need to look at the top 3 in each group, with all 3 of the spodumene companies having a growth over 1,000% and the top 3 in the other group all under 1,000% growth.

Other Lithium stocks range from 0.002c to $4.34.  Market caps from $2,159,434.28c to $912,139,970.00c.
    Last edited by adoredmemories: 28/11/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.