happypunter,"Fat Bloater you're great at popping up on threads...

1. 450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    happypunter,

"Fat Bloater you're great at popping up on threads of company's hit by negative news and then claiming you shorted it and noone else saw it coming and sprouting how clever you are."

I'm not sure what the precise context of this post of yours was, but I assume it arose out of something posted by the person in question.

As it happens, I discovered this neat little feature called the "Ignore" switch, which can be used to bypass posters who you think add zero-value.

It's funny, I certainly don't have the time or inclination to read posts made by people who I think add no value, yet he/she reads mine posts which as you know can be long and tedious. And I sense he often posts something in return, based on posts from other posters.
    I'm sure he will reply to this post, but I won't know it.

It's all quite bizarre...I remember before Ignoring this person, noticing his/her posting patterns: twice a day, every single day (at around 1:00pm...presumably during his/her lunch break, and then in the evenings).

Not sure of its still the case but it used to happen 7 days a week, even late on Friday and Saturday nights, when you'd think time would be better spent with family and friends.

Why one would put some much daily energy and effort into spewing vitriol and bile out to a whole lot of complete strangers is beyond me. What could possibly be the motivation, I used to wonder? Like I said, bizarre.

So I suggest you do what I - and I'm sure many others have done - simply invoke the Ignore feature in this case.

That way HotCopper becomes a better place for meaningful and constructive dialogue on the things that matter, rather than having those sort of inane online spats that resemble handbags at paces.

Thanks for the kind words of support, though.

Cam

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.