ROC 0.00% 8.6¢ rocketboots limited

MBower - yes, I'd like to know how a company can "work with the...

1. 423 Posts.
    MBower - yes, I'd like to know how a company can "work with the short side". What does this mean, and what are the implications for current holders?

PortfolioPlus -

I'm not planning on selling anytime soon! My main concern is that I won't have an option. ROC like so many companies at the moment are ripe for T/O action. Grossly undervalued, and a predator could come in and offer, say, 90c for ROC. That's 50% above current share price, and if the bid is successful, I'll be forced to take a loss.

There are others I'm holding in a similar position, and this is my biggest concern - even ahead of the potential margin call.

I used to get the Intelligent Investor. I decided to try one of the "independent newsletters", but I found they got it BADLY wrong so many times, I decided I was better off on my own. I looked at some of the other newsletters also, tracked their recommendations over 18 months or so - and ALL of them get it very badly wrong quite frequently. There was not a single source of "advice" that outperformed the market over those 18 months.

How can a professional advice newsletter have a "Strong Buy" on a company that drops 80% in the next 12 months? this was their ONLY "Strong Buy" at the time, so this is their standout best advice at the time. Anyone who followed their advice (not me, fortunately) would have been down 80%.

If my own musings are wrong, then I only have myself to blame. I can tolerate a certain level of "misses" by the professional advisors (e.g. "Strong Buy" that is flat for 12 months), but their hit/miss ratio is no better than a dartboard, really.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ROC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.616M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.6¢ 8.6¢ 8.6¢ $1.304K 15.16K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1996 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 75773 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.29am 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ROC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.