AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

Agreed gener - From my clinical experience I would say under 5%...

1. 137 Posts.
    Agreed gener -

From my clinical experience I would say under 5% of patients were on Lyrica for PHN a tiny % for phantom limb pain (this is a small population), probably 5-10% for painful diabetic neuropathy, 50%+ for chronic musculoskeletal neuropathic pain ((fibro/allodynia - greatly increased post 2007, CFS, CRPS, mechanical peripheral nerve damage and many more - conditions requiring desensitisation of the nervous system basically (PNS and CNS)), 20% for idiopathic pain conditions that were un-diagnosed as a specific condition or used under the umbrella term of chronic pain (try everything you can approach), the balance for adjunctive therapy in adults with partial onset seizures and 'other'.

My point, as already outlined within this thread is that the off-label use for lyrica makes up a huge proportion of what the drug is used for in my experience (this is not evidence based but anecdotal). I'm sure that Lyrica sales would not be anywhere near where they are without this off-label use. There was/is also a MASSIVE push for this drug by Pfizer with every Rheumatologist ,Pain Physican, GP, Neurologist and Psychiatrist having boxes bursting out of their sample cupboards pushing these off-label uses. In 2007/8 it was doing the rounds as the 'cure' for fibromyalgia which gained a huge amount of publicity/interest.

There is a very strong trend with this medication in my experience. 1) It is effective for 25% of people and they can tolerate the side-effects, 2) 25% of people find it effective but can't tolerate the side-effect (most complain of brain fog, dizziness, weight gain, mood changes, lethargy etc.) and 3) 50% have no significant/noticeable improvement and discontinue use usually after 6-8 weeks if tolerated.

There is a huge off-label demand for Lyrica and if POH can offer something that is proven effective/more effective in treating these conditions without the gamete of side-effects then it's game on. This would revolutionise this space within pain medicine.

IMO DYOR - Lunch break is over so that's it from me but an interesting thread I must say. Hottod always making us think.

Mafew.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.923M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 86239613 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 63389028 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.