14D 0.00% 6.6¢ 1414 degrees limited

MARCH 2020 GasTESS visit, page-17

1. 248 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I suppose i say "weird" for the following reason - obviously Hydrogen has merit in some areas (uses existing gas lines/by-product of water etc) however it baffles me why the Fed Govt would specifically indicate support for this energy source in the area of cars (yes there is the range potential that for now it is better in, but not for long) Its taken so long to get EV's to this point and charging infrastructure is going in to supporting EV's and ALL the car companies are (or have) tooled up for EV's. There is no 'real' Hydrogen powered car move by car companies (at a mass market level) on the horizon. So IMO its strange that the Fed Govt would go against the obvious flow of where the industry is going or some cases gone.

Additionally, I find it 'weird' as I largely have distrust that this Fed Govt in particular will make the most optimal choice (imo choosing to overtly support hydrogen rather than focussing energies on a proven tech (EV/Solar/Wind) is a case in point). Another example of another Fed Govt making a terrible decision on biased/incorrect info was the decision to break the next most important infrastructure project for Australia the NBN and the stupidly short-term thinking of going Fibre-to-node as opposed to Fibre-to-the-premises. And then of course dividing up the network over a variety of technologies instead of keeping the vast majority as fibre.

Oh ... "it was too expensive"....and "who needs that fast internet speeds" etc etc. 'So lets do it cheaper and quicker'. Yeah right! Well it has ended up way more expensive, taking way longer and resulted in stupidly slow speeds and a hotchpotch of technologies that don't work well together. Australian internet speeds are now embarrassingly slow (as we drastically slide down world rankings). This was the next biggest national infrastructure decision that was totally F%&K up by the tool that is Tony Abbott (and I've been in meetings with him a couple of times and he is bigger tool in real life) and then enacted by the spineless Turnbull. There doesn't seem to be a big difference between ScoMo aka "Scotty fro Marketing" Even those that built the Sydney Harbour Bridge had the foresight to build it bigger and wider than what they actually needed it to be at the time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 14D (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.6¢ 6.6¢ 6.6¢ $3.771K 57.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 25000 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.50am 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
14D (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.