BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Market Makers, page-8

1. 2,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 172
    I think you are confusing the ASX with a quote driven market (market makers), the ASX is an order driven market (buyers put bids in sellers put offers, sometimes there will be a big spread and therefore very little liquidity where as a quote driven market will have market makers that guarantee liquidity but can change the quote price to align with the market) and there was an order to buy 200,000 plus shares at 70c, I am assuming it was one seller as in the space of 1 minute 200,000 shares changed hands (on most share trading platforms you can look at the trades that have been completed over the day as well as the bid and offer que.) ie someone put a sell order "at market" (it is placed at the bid level, if it clears that level it moves onto the next level and so on until the sell order is filled, note some shallow traded shares will have big orders sitting well below the market waiting for an error when someone places an "at market" order rather than a limit order). Hope this clears it up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.