MGX 0.00% 35.5¢ mount gibson iron limited

my reading is that it would be inappropriate to put any material...

1. 597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    my reading is that it would be inappropriate to put any material value on it while it is in dispute, and that the company is not basing any decisions on it that require any specific court finding. So they’re saying it is not material to their business. That’s a bit different from still hoping to get something. I don’t see how the insurance company could claim any more than they’ve paid out, so anything in excess of that would surely go to MGX.
    But then playing out the endgame, since it’s the insurance company claiming on behalf of MGX, I also don’t expect them to desperately fight for much more than they’ve paid out. It’s anyone’s guess what the court will decide, but hard to imagine that if there’s any risk the payouts going to be big enough for MGX to get something material, then the other side won’t try to settle with the insurance company for just what the insurance company gets - and why would the insurance company not agree to that? So in the end, most likely outcome is ultimately immaterial to MGX - just like they have been saying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $432.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 36.0¢ 35.5¢ $162.6K 457.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 309498 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 142384 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.