Bring on the vaccine but it seems awfully rushed to me. And why...

1. 14,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1345
    Bring on the vaccine but it seems awfully rushed to me. And why is that so? Firstly, we need it. Secondly, big pharma will make squillions undoubtedly. I find a little bit of one upsmanship now being played with the numbers.
    On Wednesday good old Pfizer found that their vaccine was 95% effective in preventing Covid-19. Pfizer said the vaccine was highly effective 28days after the first dose and its effectiveness was consistent across all ages, races and ethnicities. No safety issues which is fantastic. But here's the best bit. Last week Pfizer said their coronovirus was about 90% effective.

Now give it another 5 weeks and guess what the Pfizer spokesman will say? Yep you got it, add one percent per week and you get a hunge.

Now is this one upsmanship due to the fact that some other big pharma, maybe astra zeneca came out and said there's was 92 per cent effective? We all know how big pharma marketing works. Sell the effetivess and sell the side effect profile in that order. Its why it is important to have that comment in clinical trials that says Primary endpoint met blah blah.

Will be see a 96% effective vaccine advertorial in the next 2 weeks because this is now getting to a crucial time. Already governments have splurged billions on getting a pre order in.

I have to do more reading on this matter over the weekend but we all know how big the anti viral drug push was in the 80'2 or 90's don't we !
    Bottom line is we need a SAFE vaccine which everyone understands but my slight cynicism is not without humour or merit. My mate works for AZ.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.