@cocoman I have read a lot of your recent posts and most of the...

1. 11,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1257
    @cocoman

I have read a lot of your recent posts and most of the links to various reports and studies. Many thanks for finding these and helping us keep informed.

As a boy from the bush I am convinced that climate change is upon us and that man has contributed to this though I am not rabid and say it is 100% man made.

That said, I believe coal is dead and other fossil fuels will eventually become niche fuels eg for air flight.

The best option in my view is a blend of technologies with solar being dominant combining with wind, hydrogen , nuclear (selective use) and natural gas. Coal to be managed out over a 20-30 year timeframe and a much reduced role for oil.

For these reasons I refuse to invest in coal and have invested in commercial scale solar.

In my home region of Gippsland Victoria there are a couple of big projects being proposed. The first is a wind farm offshore, somewhere near Woodside Beach and a $1.4 billion solar farm somewhere around Sale.
    I mention both of these as they are private consortiums springing up. I presume they will apply to access the federal government sponsored energy grants and energy financing subsidies.

With such an abundance of sunshine Australia is the world’s natural renewable energy leader. In fact I can envision an Australia with massive amounts of solar energy powering a hundred desalination plants around the coastline that will drought proof Australia and lead to an opening up of the middle of Australia for permanent habitation.

Cheers.......Daicosisgod

Go Pies today at the MCG

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.