Morrison Asks Multinationals to Pay Fair Share Tax, page-58

1. 23,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    I agree that all companies and individuals should pay their fair share of tax the super profits tax was always going to fail because companies had already worked out our tax system taxes profits and that system had already become obsolete because profits are easy to hide and we should tax companies differently.
    Companies are not the only one who run campaigns to discredit governments and such campaigns are usually only successful when the government is in disarray,when policies are taken to elections the government should be able to expect the senate to approve the measures unless there is a serious departure from what was put to the people.
    My concern is that very few companies pay the full rate of tax because of deductions and accounting mirage that do not deliver the value to the country they should,we would be better of with a lower company tax rate on turnover rather than profit.
    I tend to think many of our politicians are just very naive and a bit thick rather than serving companies,trickle down economics was for a time when honesty was the norm rather than the exception.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.