SPL 5.00% 10.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

The AGM has come and gone What did we learn from this meeting...

1. 12,742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1360
    The AGM has come and gone

What did we learn from this meeting according to our attendee's who post on HotCopper forum

When it comes to AZD0466......management indicated they have no idea of delay in getting AZD0466 into Phase 1 clinical trials. I say absolute crap. Jackie indicated twice it would be in clinic in calendar 2018, and with gusto. She is keeping hush for a reason........and it really is something that should have been extracted out of her at AGM

I found it very interesting the net cost to end users of BV formulation in USA would be AU$120 or thereabouts. Big profits indeed per unit back to Starpharma's war chest......and ultimately some of it will dribble through to shareholders in way of dividends

Before I give my opinion on the actual AGM chairman and CEO report....a touch on Starpharma bank balance for this December quarter might be appropriate

At end of September quarter the company had $49.5 million in the bank. The outgoings for the December quarter is going to be approximately $6 million. Before incoming cash the company will have $43.5 million at it's disposal

So what might come in.........

I doubt the AZD0466 clinical trial will begin.....so no milestone payment of US$3 million (AU4.16 million based on exchange rate of 0.72). Then again I could be wrong

A licensee agreement for North American market will be finalised.......with I believe will generate upfront minimum fees of AU$5 million. The question is will those funds be banked in time for this quarter (I hope so).

Then there are research and development tax rebates. Could be around AU$4,482,000 million approximately (45% of R&D costs - $9,962,000).  

So potentially AU$ million

option 1) 14.642
    option 2) 9.482
    option 3) 5.0
    option 4) 0 only if money is put into January quarter

One thing is for certain we will either be cash flow positive this quarter or March

Back to report

125 million women in US with one in three developing BV. That is 41 million potential customers in USA. Our product could help almost double the population of Australia in USA alone.....if we became the gold standard.....and at this stage it's a no brainer as Vivagel is a novel first in class solution

Page 11 of report shows the different stages in Starpharma's pipeline

Looks like SPL7013 Ophthalmic is just behind Dep Irinotecan which is just about ready to enter phase 1 trials....and unless my eyes deceive me AZD0466 is at the same level as Dep Irinotecan. So we could be pleasantly surprised in January/February 2019. I am holding my breath (notice I used the word am....very hopeful). And will you look at the Okamoto line......seems to me this is almost ready to be approved in Japan (after a delay of more than 4 years.....just seems like yesterday......ha ha)

Page 20

Dep Docetaxel in monotherapy and combination phase 2 clinical trials. Well again CEO has indicated completion of these trials by September 2019. Should get interim updates before this and by end of P2 proof of concept and ready to monetise then and perhaps even earlier. US$300 million has been the figure bandied around for licensee payment with ongoing royalty stream

Page 22

Dep Cabazitaxel
    Wow and double wow....Sure it was picked up before by some of our detectives........Potential to monetise earlier than  phase 2. Does this mean sooner rather than later. Tomorrow perhaps. Wishful thinking..... most probably at the same time as Dep Docetaxel or even earlier. Must be a lot of sniffing going around lately. What more is there to say.

Page 34

As indicated before looks like Vivagel licensee for US will also include Canada now......So all of North America.....was not that in last update

SPL7013 Ophthalmics

SPL7013 is being used to treat viral conjunctivitis. Starpharma has developed an eye drop which is unique. There are currently no approved therapies and our company has the potential answer. I am sure this will be developed externally with partners bearing all costs through clinical trials to market. It may even be purchased outright. Just have to look at the comments made by a study conducted in USA (taken directly from the slides in report). We have a market winner her

“Treating viral conjunctivitis is a problem. There's no prescribed treatment for viral conjunctivitis - it's all conservative management.” - PHYSICIAN

“… if you can reduce the infectivity then that would be very beneficial.” - OPHTHALMOLOGIST

“The goal of treatment is limiting the spread of the disease.” - PAEDIATRICIAN

“We really need something that is not irritating for the eye.” - PHYSICIAN

Clinicians felt that SPL7013 “addresses a major unmet need” for Viral Conjunctivitis
    Clinicians described its novel mechanism of action as “compelling”
    Clinicians were impressed by its ability to inhibit spread of disease

“I would probably prescribe this [SPL7013 ophthalmic drops] for the majority of viral conjunctivitis cases. There's just nothing but positives in this.” - PHYSICIAN

“Wow, I love what I see. This [SPL7013 ophthalmic drops] is a big unmet need. We have nothing for VC so if this came to market you'd have something.” - PHYSICIAN

“If I thought they had viral conjunctivitis I'd use this [SPL7013 ophthalmic drops] on 100% of patients.” - PHYSICIAN

The above are results and verbatim quotes from independent US market research conducted with 18 Physicians/Ophthalmologists/Payers during Sep 2018.

Dep Radiotherapeutics

Slide 36 says it all

By using Dep Radiotherapeutics in brain......Stapharma's product will gravitate only to where the brain cancer (glioblastoma) is. There will be no accumulation in healthy parts of brain.

Untitled.jpg

I cannot believe how far Starpharma has travelled in the last year. Even though timeline targets have not been achieved....we all know the journey is almost over for a speculative company. The science is strong and partnerships are great. It just happens that the first six months of calendar year 2019 will align with the last six months of the financial year.....both ending at June 30 2019.

This period will turn the tide of disbelievers into believers

This period will turn an under the radar company into an asx 200 multi billion dollar with one broker covering it (bell potter) to every man and his/her dog stockbroker recommending it to their clients

Watch out.....there is going to be a stampede........and not from running of the bulls in Pamplona......but a rush to get on board a fantastic innovative Starpharma

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $20.28K 193.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 358192 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 102815 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.42pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
10.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 5.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.3¢ 89097
Last updated 13.53pm 05/06/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.