SPL 4.40% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

Useful summary, ab.In April 2021 (or thereabouts), the expansion...

1. 47 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Useful summary, ab.
    In April 2021 (or thereabouts), the expansion of the first clinical trial into the global trial was announced. I was disappointed because the first trial was scheduled to be completed in July 2021. AZN would issue a Phase 1 report (absent any SPL double-talk nonsense) and make a decision about starting Phase 2. The start of Phase 2 would be a very positive indication AND make SPL's cash register ring with another milestone payment from AZN.

Instead, we got the global expansion with a new clinical trial ID number. Still a very positive sign of AZN's outlook for their DEP drug, but a long extension of the time until an AZN report is due. AND no milestone. No mention of if or when a milestone payment would be due for the start of "Phase 2" in the combo Phase 1 / 2 trial. I made that point previously. (Yeah, I know the CEO made some verbal reference to a Phase 2 payment sometime, somewhere. I don't give much legal standing to that.)

Now AZN is starting a third clinical trial with another ID number. NO mention of a milestone payment to SPL for this one either. AZN appears to be getting a lot of DEP usage for their one milestone nickel. Is AZN taking advantage of a poorly written contract with SPL? Is SPL making all of their contracts with big pharma and vendors without good legal representation?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.004(4.40%)
Mkt cap ! $39.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.6¢ 9.2¢ $81.30K 864.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 28056 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 1285 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.