BRN 3.49% 22.3¢ brainchip holdings ltd

New BRN, neuromorphic media article, page-494

1. 355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50

...The Facebook AI researcher during his talk Monday morning had critiqued spiking neuron work broadly, saying that the technology had not yielded algorithms that could produce practical results. "Yann said, Why build chips for algorithms that don't work;
    I think these algorithms do work," said Davies. Still, he conceded that there was at least an element of truth to LeCun's criticism.
    While the hardware of spiking neurons "is well adequate and provides a lot of tools to map interesting algorithms," said Davies, his department has a "goal to make progress on the algorithmic front, which is what is holding back the field."
    But Davies rebuked what he called "this knee-jerk reaction that spikes are inefficient."

Davies told the audience that Loihi gets "much more efficient" as it is tasked with larger and larger networks. He observed that control of robots would be the killer app for neuromorphic chips such as Loihi.
    "Brains evolved to control limbs" he pointed out, making robotic control a natural. Wrapping up his talk, Davies said "there's a lot of work left to be done before we can put it out in a commercial form that's applicable to a broad range of problems," but he ended on an optimistic note, saying "We can get algorithms that work that will address Yann's skepticism."

I wonder what progress BRN has made on the algorithmic front? Hasn’t their Indian division been charged with ramping up this side of the equation?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.3¢
Change
0.008(3.49%)
Mkt cap ! $412.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 22.5¢ 21.5¢ $1.740M 7.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 245622 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 879282 45
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.