LTR 3.83% 95.0¢ liontown resources limited

Hi @FlashPoint, I can't remember who put me on to it, but the...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    Hi @FlashPoint, I can't remember who put me on to it, but the least confusing way to define gaps I've come across is to classify them as "inside gaps" or "outside gaps". This is separate to whether they are exhaustion, normal or breakaway gaps. So an outside gap is the vacant space between two bars where no trading has overlapped, so a gap above is the untraded area between the high of the first bar and the low of the second. An inside gap is where there has been some overlap in trading, but there's a gap between the close of the first bar and the low or high of the second. So a gap up is between the close of the first bar and the low of the second.

It seems to me most people pay attention to outside gaps and in fairness they are much easier to spot and keep track of on a chart. I'm not sure this makes it any less confusing sometimes when talking about a gap being closed, because sometimes an outside gap being closed leaves behind a partially closed inside gap. what.png I think this way of looking at it came from a "WRB hidden gap" trading technique I checked out a while ago, which is whole other rabbit hole.

Anyway just my 2 cents. Cheers, Rooster smile.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
95.0¢
Change
0.035(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $2.303B
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 98.0¢ 91.0¢ $33.31M 35.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 124060 94.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.5¢ 170420 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.