LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

News: LYC Get cracking: Lynas scouts for rare earths plant to meet Malaysian demands, page-60

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4969
    Nick Curtis had a permit to build the LAMP inside China, he also attempted to sell 51% to the Chinese, BUT he never seriously attempted to leverage the permit Ashton's had already won in WA before he bought the company.

WHY? Do you know?

Meantime he raised the capital and built the LAMP in Malaysia, the Japanese were fine with that to the point they tipped in another $225M for a second module and committed offtake.

Maybe Malaysia wasn't the best choice but Lynas has managed to survive an extended period of extremely low prices as it continued to bring production levels up, and maintained the support of the Japanese. More recent drama, PITA, but now appears to have a clear path.

Meantime Australian peers in ALK & ARU are STILL running pilot plants for over a decade and STILL bleating & whimpering that no one will lend them any money.

If Nick Curtis had followed your advice would Lynas still be in beggar's alley rattling a tin alongside ALK & ARU? Will someone PLEASE lend me the money to build in Australia?

Far from perfect, and unquestionable delays, but by leveraging the Malaysian opportunity Lynas has built a huge first mover advantage both Australia & ROW, to the point Lynas is now strong enough to leverage Malaysia's recalcitrance to advantage.

Your efforts at self gratification a decade on nothing but pathetic, and I can say that with the comfort of sitting on a considerable return at current values, as are others here.
    Last edited by ausheds: 30/08/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.