ARU 0.00% 17.0¢ arafura rare earths ltd

Goldian,out of question that NB has world class potential but a...

1. 1,258 Posts.
    Goldian,

out of question that NB has world class potential but a world class deposit deserves a world class managament and this is the key problem with ARU. Management has excellent technical skills and knowhHow, is well connected and focussed on the company makinh project.
    BUT they still have very poor skills in terms of communication, financing and public relatons issues. As long as they don't bring professional persons into the company ARU will have huge problems to bring NB into production.
    I bought my first shares in mid 2005, loaded up heavily during the first rights issue back in late 2006 @ .36$ and partly sold after ARU tenbaggered in April 2007 and was way overbought. Later in 2007 I visited Perth, NB and Darwin (thx to the many supporters in Germany) met the whole management team, wrote a comprehensive report and launched my concerns regarding the lack of professional PR, marketing, communication and finance work - unfortunately without success. In 2008 I saw ARU going down sharply but at the end of 2008 I decided to buy as many (tax free) shares as possible under the rights issue @ 0.14Euro. I followed ARU and was pretty disappointed about the ongoing trench war among management and board members. Apparently some directors put their main interests over the company interests. In Oct. 2010 I sold my complete rights issue position for personal reasons and just kept my initial ASX position from 2005. I'm still following ARU closely, received some information from shareholder meetings and othe events and still have the feeling that ARU has a time slot to ramp up NB and the processing facility but the time frame is getting smaller and this puts pressure on ARU management. Under pressure ARU mgt. always make mistakes and the same thing happened this week when they announced the delay in BFS. It is inexcusable to announce the imperative capital raising. With 70m+$ in the bank it a is a huge mistake to announce a capital raising in an undefined period, especially in a situation where resource companies are under general pressure. No institutional investor will invest before the placement will be announced. I can't believe that ARU management acts like unexperienced college boys. Same will I do - I'll be waiting for the next rights issue and will try to soak up as many shares as possible just because history repeats itself - it is a given that poor ARU management make mistakes but on the other side it is a fact that ARU SP will at least rise 600% after a rights issue. So I see ARU with mixed feelings. On the one side I wish us shareholders the management NB deserves but on the other hand this management mistakes open new opportunities to make more money with ARU -:)
    GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $392.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $292.7K 1.718M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 513481 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.5¢ 1194071 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.