now which of you lot is against the death penalty, page-27

1. 2,508 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 943
    molonski, notice I said I wasn't seeking revenge in my earlier post. Any death penalty should be state run and implemented in the most humane way possible.

All I said is I would like to be given the option to carry out the act, therefore relieving anyone else of the burden of conscience.I never mentioned anything about turning it into a public spectacle. In fact it should be given full reverence. The taking of another's life should only be in extreme cases and I think most people can imagine for themselves those type of instances.

I also said mandatory life imprisonment would be an acceptable alternative. I can live with the knowledge that a very dangerous person pays for his crimes and is never given the chance to inflict pain on the innocent again.Even a civilised society has the right to protection from dangerous citizens.

Instead of rehab programs that imo dont work, give prisoners a fixed term that reflects the severity of the crime and let them find redemption from within. Prisoners should be treated properly at all times and mistreatment can never be tolerated. Its not part of the sentence. Once a prisoner has served their sentence they are then entitled to be treated as any other citizen.

So tell me molonski what is so bad about my views.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.