Oh jeez, that map shows 3 US military bases in Australia when...

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Oh jeez, that map shows 3 US military bases in Australia when there are none. Most of the military bases depicted belong to the country they are in, not to the US. If the public service are so misinformed, I can only imagine how bad the level of understanding must be amongst the general public, as evidenced by the many woeful comments on this thread.

My eyes are wide open about political manipulation. In this case I am privy to far more information than you and I would much rather the current scenario to the alternative offered by opposition parties. Chinese appeasement will only lead to Australia becoming a vassal state of China, unless of course you want to ally with China and follow them into their wars. Let's be clear eyed about that.

Essentially you are proposing we put our trust in China and not the US. All the while you conveniently ignore what the Chinese have been doing. Why?

On a single day in April, China added three vessels to its navy: a destroyer, an amphibious assault ship and a Jin-class Type 094A ballistic-missile submarine.

Its naval battle force has more than trebled in two decades. The formidable force is conducting operations in more distant waters.

Meanwhile, its relations with Australia — a crucial US ally — are in a downward spiral, with a freeze on high-level diplomatic talks.

It is against this backdrop that Australia turned to the US and the UK to ask for help in building a new fleet of nuclear-powered submarines.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.