Ships at sea can distill seawater too so that's no big deal 7 if...

1. 21,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 769
    Ships at sea can distill seawater too so that's no big deal 7 if necessary they can grow greens
    in vertical gardens powered by electric light.
    Food, IMO is not the issue of staying submerged for long periods of time ; its the human costs
    of being social isolated fro long periods of time basicallyy on high levels of war alert. This is
    why subs have to port & refresh crew more than supplies, IMO, Also , IMO, this is why
    the US & I'M sure the Chinese are working mad on unmanned subs nuke powered that can
    stay submerged for a lifetime and whose systems can be activated in microseconds.

Perhaps this is why the Chinese have been mapping the ocean bed off the coast of WA
    and in particular its ocean trenches last year. It fine to have artificial islands instead of aircraft carriers
    which make sitting duck targets but it would be much
    better to have unmanned subs hidden at dept within cooey of the enemy in an ocean trench.
    If I were to be a Sub strategist, that's what I'd be planning. Such underwater automated/deep
    water subs would be immune to space spying too!

I guess Sub warfare will get serious when there are subs full of human breeding stock
    submerged for years to avoid human extinction on the surface!
    Last edited by moorookamick: 17/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.