I fully agree with your post pints. future tech will provide a...

1. 41,469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I fully agree with your post pints. future tech will provide a reasonable compromise between the now Lib policy and what can be achieved to aid in the provision of baseload generation. but in Aus where we have often long distances between major centres, a full scale nuclear plant would be less than suitable for most smaller cities or regional centres.

I would think removal of the moratorium and allowing businesses to adopt nuclear tech, such as BHP at their mines, as many mines are going full electric, would show the real benefits of nuclear. allow businesses to trial the different options and this way we will all see the benefits, costs, risks and cost efficiency.

right now though some are going full renewable with battery storage. this is proving toe be effective and less expensive than paying for grid connection. and far better than banks of diesel generators.

for general application though? without demonstration of benefits I think nuclear will still be a high risk political position. we'll see this tested if Dutton maintains his policy and runs with it next year.

great thought provoking post pints. all only imo.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.