WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

OBJ Competition Revisited

1. 2,577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    In 2014 I think it was, I offered a case of wine to whoever came closest in answering the quiz below:

Question 1 for 10 points:

In which year will OBJ declare its maidendividend? 5 points if you are one year out.

Question 2 for maximum of 25 points:

What will be the closing share price on the daythe dividend is declared. 25 points for correct SP, lose a point forevery cent out. If you are for example 30 cents out, you score minus5

Question 3 for 10 points:

What will the dividend be? 10 points for correctanswer. Lose 2 points for every 0.001 by which you are out.

Back then, with the wand out for sale, we had no idea it was a "Soft Launch" and we thought other products would be brought to market "in the speed of fashion". Let's just say the answers were way off, particularly question 1.... So I think it is time to throw the quiz open again.  Perhaps there should be a question as to when will we get to 35 cents!

On another topic, I have now raised and donated, with help from generous folk on the OBJ threads, $10,000 for prosthetics and mine and bomb clearance in Cambodia and Laos. Some has come from me, some from tips and donations from my clients, and by selling various trinkets I bought in Laos and Cambodia when there.  The Apopo Hero Rats project received $2,000 when I visited the minefield near Siem Reap in 2016 and a total of over $3,000.  The COPELaos project for prosthetics in Laos has received over $4,000 and the rest to several charities including Mag International and Vietnam Vets Mine Clearing Team.  I dropped off some money to COPELaos and MagInternational in Vientiane about a year ago.  I could not believe how grateful Mag International were for what was a relatively small donation of $400.  But it helps pay and feed the people who have to clean up the 80,000,000 unexploded bombs left after the Vietnam War, dropped by the USA I might add without declaring war. It will be a long job, and will take centuries unless the USA takes its responsibilities seriously.

I was hoping to be much further in this endeavour by this stage.  I was hoping to use my SMSF to make some tax free profits to be able to donate more now I am of retirement age, but I have picked all the wrong stocks unfortunately. OBJ will come back but others are unlikely to do so and some I sold at at loss to avoid further damage.  I should just have withdrawn some money to donate rather than try to multiply it, but hindsight does give one great vision and insight!   Anyway, I just wanted to thank those that donated previously and hope it all comes back to you when OBJ becomes a behemoth paying dividends once the coconut is verifiably cracked and imminent means tomorrow! I am no longer sure how you can get your entries to me regarding the quiz, I will work on it though!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.