NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

>I'd like to launch a satellite too.You do? That's quite a goal!...

1. 385 Posts.
    >I'd like to launch a satellite too.

You do? That's quite a goal! :-))

I don't. But I wouldn't mind if NWT did it for me. I'd be able to sell my shares and smile happily ever after.

Anyway, as far as money for the satellite goes:

They said they would match any government contribution up to AU$200 million. They are basically asking the Government to come on board and to chip in 200 million bucks from the NBN funds. That actually doesn't seem like such a bad deal for the Government at all. NWT has therefore committed 200 million themselves. If we assume that they just do that by printing more shares (I very much doubt that this would be the way to go, but let's assume it anyway) then we'd have to see some 20 billion shares at 1 cent each. Obviously not the way to go... Which is where Lazard comes in to advise about the best way forward for NWT. At least I hope so...

The satellite idea is something I never took seriously but I have to say, I'm coming around full circle the more I read about where the Government is heading and the more I read about possible links between NWT NBN and other possible joint ventures. Just not the Edelweiss guys, please...

So in all, I can't see a Telstra/NWT deal. Not for many years to come. There just isn't anything that I would even remotely regard as a viable link.

I do however start to see some significant changes in the Jabiru story. That sort of has me very intrigued. For once the timing might just be right...

Here is what they said in July in an update to shareholders and I hope we hear from them again in regards to any progress being made:

NewSat’s satellite launch aspirations continue to develop, and this month executives of major space corporations meet in Melbourne to finalise construction and implementation details.
    The company wants shareholders to know it is in serious negotiation for substantial satellite based business with organisations of world renown. The company is confident of early success in that regard.

Good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.