Paradise Abandoned!, page-43

1. 8,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8154
    @JCoure ..." and these ridiculous restrictions"

What do you think happens if the restrictions are suddenly released??

My take on it is that things will be very far from normal. If, (a big if) the economy started to function near normal in 4-6 weeks after they lifted restrictions, there would be every chance the virus would kick into high gear, infecting thousands. Then either we have hospitals overrun, or another lockdown.

If we assume they don't do another lockdown (and I think they will), then when the hospitals get overrun, what will people actually do?? I don't think they will act normally at all, with some type of self social isolating, a lot of businesses going bust anyway through lack of customers. This was already happening before the governments brought in lockdowns, with reports from restaurants down 50% in turnover.

I don't think there is any easy answer to the coronavirus at all, and would prefer they kept things tight and try and rid the community of the coronavirus, which probably means a longer lockdown than most want. I can see nothing good for the economy by trying to get back to 'normal' while Covid still exists in the community.

Border control/quarantines are going to be in effect for a long time, with overseas tourism dead for years IMHO no matter what we do.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.