Paradise Abandoned!, page-53

1. 8,865 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8084
    @JCoure ..."The cure is worse than the disease"

I get that is your thoughts, my questions related to what happens next if we try to get back to normal given this deadly virus would spring up again??
    I'm not interested in the politics of it at all, just the economy. My view is the situation would be a chaotic mess without anything going back to near normal, therefore the lockdown and controlled start up again is the best approach from poor choices.

I note that Sweden, one country that didn't do a lockdown is now being hit heavily by Covid anyway, compared to it's neighbours. It will be interesting to see how that country reacts to the growing death toll compared to it's neighbours, and what actions the government takes.

Just about everywhere and every type of government has ended up taking the same approach of some type of lockdown to ease the pressure on the hospital system. It will be interesting to see which approach works best, the late lockdown that Italy, Spain and a lot of the USA took, or the fast lockdown of South Korea, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Australia took.

I still think that the approach taken for the economy is irrelevant, it is shot no matter what governments do, so the Sweden experiment will be interesting.

BTW it is coming to light that people might not be recovering fully from the virus and it could be lingering in their bodies, OR they are getting re-infected OR both. There is no evidence that 'herd immunity' is even possible, so just opening up the economy fully could be a total disaster anyway, in every way.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.